What to do if you experience a Twitch Launcher installation error.

• Global Moderators

When installing or updating the Launcher, some users may experience an error.

alt text

There are a few things you can do to fix this issue:

1. Reboot your computer.
    2. Make sure you download the recent (rather large) Windows 10 update.
    3. Reboot again to make sure updates finish installing.
    4. Re-download the Twitch Launcher install file, the try installing.
    5. Remove the currently installed version of Microsoft C++ 2015 and let the Twitch Launcher install it for you. (Thanks Warrior @nFxus for the tip!)

If you're still receiving an install error, please respond with the error details below.

• I'm having a problem installing the twitch thingy, I download it and then I go to open the installer and I get this message: "Another version of this product is already installed, installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel."
    Yet I searched the control panel and nothing relates to either twitch or breakaway. I'm on the latest version of Windows 10..
    EDIT: I fixed it by uninstalling Curse, since Twitch and Curse merged I figured that was the problem.

• Global Moderators

@bloggg Thanks for the multi-restart tip when dealing with updating Windows 8.1!

I'm glad you got everything running, can't wait to see you on the battlefield this weekend!

• Uninstalling all of the previous versions of Microsoft C++ worked for me. Thanks so much for the quick fix!

• fixed it

so ive restarted again (after each restart the installation went a bit further then crashed but also my windows got updated after each restart

seams that after 2 -3 restarts it worked and im downloading the game as im writing this

so the fix is : keep restarting and relaunching the installer , eventually it will work

• Global Moderators

@Danimac2711

Try installing the Twitch Launcher using the link below:

https://playbreakaway.com/alpha

During install, the Twitch Launcher adds a Windows Firewall exception to allow the game client network access.

Choose Start→Control Panel→System and Security→Allow Twitch Launcher through Windows Firewall.

Let me know if this helps!

• Global Moderators

@Replacementpart

Hey, based on the information you provided, it looks like you did everything right. I will be pm'ing you for some information to get some information to the devs.

• Hi folks

I have the same error

Im on win 8.1 if that makes any kind of difference

restarting the computer allowed me to go a bit further with the install but then i got same error

any ideas , updates , fixes ?

thanks

• btw I have a feeling that the win 8 updates between restarts are caused by the game installer not by the automatic win update software

• Restarting it has made it worse for me. Before it would try to install .net 4.6 but now it won't even try. I also tried redownloading the twitch launcher installer.

How much Ram does your computer have?
    16 gigs

What Video Card are you using?
    780 TI
    Have you done any recent updates to your Video Card?
    No

Are there any other programs running when you are trying to launch the game?
    Chrome, Skype, Trillian, Discord.

Are you using WiFi or Wired connection?
    Wired

What Time Zone is your computer set to?
    EST

• @Coolcat33333

Okay I'm an idiot. I forgot to make sure Windows 8.1 was fully updated before trying. Updated it and it worked.

• Global Moderators

@Coolcat33333 Glad you were able to get it working after updating. Good luck in the arena tonight!

• I tried all it, and don't appear the game in the Twitch Launcher...

• @ags_aw I'm running Win 7. The installer appears to run fine, restart the PC and ..... nada, nothing's installed. Help?

• @ags_jr Well, this time the downloader actually installed Twitch Launcher. I added the firewall exception and am waiting for Breakaway to finish downloading.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• I've done all of the above and still can't install the game. Windows 10 is updated, I've uninstalled and reinstalled C++ 2015 and the twitch launcher. I have no clue what to do.

• I followed the firewall instructions and I still keep getting an internal error message. Its been happening to me all weekend and i really wanted to play :(

• Global Moderators

@Danimac2711 @Replacementpart @g1rldraco7 Will you please provide me with the following information so I can research it further?
    Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    32 or 64 Bit:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Running or streaming anything in the background?
    Wired or Wifi:
    Time Zone:
    Build Version:
    Country of Origin:
    Have you updated your Video Card recently:

• please, create new app devs, fail app, not game in library, please

• Global Moderators

@alecaverna I'm sorry the game is not showing up in your library. This forum topic is 6 months old and the instructions here are outdated. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue. If these steps don't work, please look through the existing posts in the https://forums.playbreakaway.com/category/6/technical-support section or feel free to create a new post.

Please try downloading the latest Twitch Desktop App from http://app.twitch.tv/. You'll need to log in with the same Twitch ID you registered for the play test with. If you received an e-mail inviting you to this test the game should appear in your Game Library.

If this doesn't help, or you are already using the latest Twitch Desktop App, please create a new topic in the Tech Support forum with the following information so that we can have our team look into this further:

Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Running or streaming anything in the background?
    Wired or Wifi?
    Time Zone:

Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.