Cheating in the Alpha, what are the rules?

• Cheating is a touchy subject. This is an alpha. In most alphas/betas I've been in I've done my best to find dupes, map exploits, and straight out (easy to do) cheats via packet sniffing and using things like cheat engine. Some developers appreciate this and some don't.

Does anybody know the stance on cheating in this alpha?

Assuming all cheats/bugs are reported immediately and not abused once found, is attempting to find them acceptable?

Or is it something we should not attempt?

I always think it's better to find them early on instead of once the game is live, but other people have different opinions.

Any idea / official input here?

• As this weekend is certainly an alpha test, we are hungry for feedback and bug reports - and that definitely includes discovered exploits.

Don't violate the Terms of Use, and if you do discover an exploit, please don't repeat it in a way that would create a bad experience for other players. Alpha test or not, we want players to have fun this weekend!

What we'd ask is that instead of posting on the forums if you discover something, please report it to our customer service team here under "contact us," using the category "bug report."

Thanks!

• @Ixath So cheating is always bad and a ban-able offense in any game.

However, I believe the question that you are REALLY asking is whether or not finding these sorts of exploits are within the scope of this alpha test. For example, if I go in to a game and am able to do something nefarious that breaks the game for the purpose of reporting it, is this allowed or frowned upon?

Or are you just looking for us to play the game as normal and find bugs and such? I guess what is the scope of the alpha - what are you looking for from us as players?

• @MackNJeeves said in Cheating in the Alpha, what are the rules?:

@Ixath So cheating is always bad and a ban-able offense in any game.

However, I believe the question that you are REALLY asking is whether or not finding these sorts of exploits are within the scope of this alpha test. For example, if I go in to a game and am able to do something nefarious that breaks the game for the purpose of reporting it, is this allowed or frowned upon?

Or are you just looking for us to play the game as normal and find bugs and such? I guess what is the scope of the alpha - what are you looking for from us as players?

Correct.. what is the scope of the alpha.

Already had a good answer in discord but was thinking it might benefit people to see something here.

Thanks for the response! You are completely correct in the question I was trying to ask =)

• @MackNJeeves whatu p mac its the brotha from twitch con

• @Getitinkeaton Lol yo dude! Hope you enjoyed the Alpha weekend, my friend! Get yourself into the Discord! https://discord.gg/p22yN

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.