Missing .dll

• Every time I try to boot breakaway I get an error message saying I am missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
    Anyone having this issue or know how to fix it. I downloaded and installed the dll and still received the error.

• I had the same issue, providing you're also running Windows 7. The Twitch beta launcher attempted to install the .NET framework, this installation failed a few times so I had to restart the install for the launcher each time. Eventually it did work, or I assumed it did because the rest of the Twitch launcher installation went on afterwards. Then after downloading and installing Breakaway I was receiving the same error as you when attempting to launch the game.

I hope I'm able to post links on this forum, I ended up fixing the issue by installing the following Windows update (KB2999226)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49093

You can download the file and execute it, it should start to install and sort your problem.
    If you're having issues installing the file, restart your pc and try again.
    If the install still doesn't want to work, close it (go into taskmanager if you have to to end the process) then type services.msc into your start menu. Open the option you get and stop the Windows Update service. After that you should be able to run the manual install (you might need another restart :D )

I hope this helps.

• This post is deleted!

• Global Moderators

@lokiphilanthropy try uninstalling then reinstalling please comment back if that does not work so we can track this issue.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.