Jump shotting, drop shotting, and ledge cancelling in Breakaway. A video guide.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6KIgpXo3m8

This video is about 3 very useful techniques that are mostly used on a few ranged heroes however some of the mechanics can be used on almost all heroes in 1 way or another.

Hope you enjoy and learn something new!

• Amazon Game Studios

Phantaram - great video & great find. Some amazing new tech here!

Jump canceling and drop canceling are definitely intended and will stay in game. They were designed mostly to increase mobility while shooting, and provide some minor increase in RoF for advanced players.

Ledge canceling is new tech that I was unaware of. Its not something we did intentionally. But I think its really cool. Very situational and a great display of skill. Great find and thanks for sharing with the community. No plans on removing something like this, new tech is fun to discover and can allow experts to demonstrate amazing skill.

• Amazon Game Studios

Neat! I like the ledge cancel double shot with AB a lot.

For Anne Bonny especially, she normally has to be stationary to shoot on the ground, so jumping/dropping and maintaining mobility is a big deal.

Hopefully one of the designers can chime in on the differences in behaviors across the 5 characters you demo-ed (and if it is indeed intentional).

Thanks for sharing!

• @Zin_Ramu That is really great news! I hope it can be made better for characters like victor. I like him!

• @Zin_Ramu Thank god! I love your attitude toward the game, too many developers remove every fun mechanic from their games.

Side note, if anyone isn't aware, this stuff (or very similar) can be done on melee heroes too, the only character in the game who can't is Victor!

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.