Projectile attack feedback

• So I've put about 5 hours or so into the alpha, and I'm still having an awful time hitting projectile attacks. It really comes down to these factors:

• Slow projectile speed
    • No indication of range
    • Slow attack rate

I understand the projectile speed and attack rate are a balance thing and I'm trying to learn, but the lack of indicated range is getting tough. I understand that attacks will generally hit when the reticle turns red, but combine that with having to lead many targets, it's hard to figure out if the attack is in range.

Anyway, fun game, but I've lost a lot of close matches by completely whiffing ranged attacks right at the score point.

• @bobthemunk I think you nailed this on the head with the entire leading targets thing. Especially when you're facing a Rawlins, it can be quite difficult to ever rely on the standard "Reticle turns red" feedback to tell whether or not you're in range because outside of their ult they are always skating around.

• @Hylebos said in Projectile attack feedback:

@bobthemunk I think you nailed this on the head with the entire leading targets thing. Especially when you're facing a Rawlins, it can be quite difficult to ever rely on the standard "Reticle turns red" feedback to tell whether or not you're in range because outside of their ult they are always skating around.

Exactly this.
    Also the jumping AB's and Alonas are hard enough to hit. Even a visual range indicator that we can turn on/off or only use in practice mode would be great so we can practice with it and gauge distance/timing better.

• Global Moderators

@bobthemunk Thanks for the great feedback. I've moved this into the Comments & Feeback section for visibility.

**Moved to Comments & Feedback

• Global Moderators

@Hylebos @bromanticjake Thanks for your input as well!

• I'm having the same issue. No way of telling how, if, and when you're projectile is going to hit.

Possibly a trailing graphic/animation can follow the projectile. This can give us information on the actual direction when shot, speed, and length of animation.

• @ransomink Its about adjusting to the game, using jump shots and ledge cancelling etc to have more mobility. The aiming try shooting infront of them and predict their movements youre more likely to hit. No issues with the attack system IMO.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.