Still getting server offline

• Been trying since yesterday and still getting server offline error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and launcher multiple times. I am running on the same pc build and same internet connection as a friend who has no issues playing. This is highly frustrating. You guys don't seem to be communicating enough. I really enjoyed this game last alpha and want to join my friends again. Please help.

• I'm sorry you're having this issue. Have you tried:

1. Installing the latest Twitch app from http://app.twitch.tv - it's possible you're on an old version of the Twitch app, especially if you played in the December Alpha and haven't updated since then.
    2. Checking that your computer clock is correct. Odd one, but this can cause issues connecting.

If those don't work, please don't hesitate to contact customer support - they're on hand to help: https://playbreakaway.com/support

I'd also appreciate more specific feedback about communications. Have you already tried to contact customer support and not received a response? Thanks and good luck!

• I have tried everything you mentioned including reaching out.

• Global Moderators

@wessfromtx I'm sorry you haven't been able to play due to this error. Did you receive a response from us at all regarding this issue when you used the support link or did the support we provided not help? We don't have the ability to associate forum handles with e-mail addresses at this time so I can't review the response you received.

We'll need to create a bug report for our devs to look into this further. Please respond with the following information:

Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Running or streaming anything in the background?
    Wired or Wifi?
    Time Zone:

Thanks!

• Global Moderators

@wessfromtx I think I may have just responded to your e-mail with the same information we posted here. You may either respond to the e-mail or post your specs here - either way we'll be able to file the bug report.

• I was having this issue as well, posting my experience here.

At first I thought I had the latest Twitch app installed as it updated itself when I launched it, but it turns out that it was not the correct version and I had to download the new one from the website here. After installing the new app (Titled 'Twitch' instead of 'Twitch Launcher'), it offered to automatically migrate my games from the old launcher and uninstall it. I accepted the prompt to migrate, and it told me it was unable to uninstall the old launcher and that I would have to do it manually. After looking through my programs it looks like it actually uninstalled it just fine, as the shortcuts were removed and it was removed from my programs & features list in Windows.

However, after migration upon launching the game I would see the Amazon game studios logo and then it would silently crash to the desktop, making it even less functional than it was before. I reluctantly uninstalled the game and re-installed it, and I am currently playing the tutorial so it seems everything is finally working.

Hope this helps others with any troubleshooting.

• I too do experience the Servers Offline error.
    Windows 10 updated
    Twitch App up to date
    Reinstalled game
    Computer System Clock ok

• Global Moderators

@nocnoz Have you had the opportunity to update the game?

Also, try to sign out of the twitch app and sign back in.

If you still are having this issue, please provide the following:

Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Wired or Wifi?
    Time Zone:

Thanks!

• I have the same problem, i updated the twitch launcher and the game itself. Any solutions?

• @ags_ee said in Still getting server offline:

Twitch ID: Nocnoz
    Version of Windows: 10
    Amount of physical RAM:16
    Video Card: GeForce GTX 1060
    Running or streaming anything in the background? No
    Wired or Wifi? Wire
    Time Zone: PT - Irvine
    Thanks!

• Global Moderators

@nocnoz Thanks! Ill get this checked out for you :)

• Global Moderators

@alarebelde

Hey is it possible for you to provide the following info on your specs

Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Wired or Wifi?
    Time Zone:

• I'm getting a "Servers Offline" error in Breakaway.

This is caused by using the old Twitch Launcher. If you participated in previous playtests you would have used the Twitch Launcher. This has been replaced by the Twitch Desktop App which can be located at https://app.twitch.tv. The "Play Now!" link on the Breakaway site and the alpha key redemption links (they lead to the same page) lead to the incorrect program. You will need to download and install Breakaway again once you've installed the Twitch Desktop App (even if you import your Game Library after installing the Twitch Desktop App.) We're sorry for the confusion about this.

This still doesn't work.

• Global Moderators

@nocnoz Thanks for the update. @ags_ee is getting this reported. We'll let you know as soon as we know more.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.