Thoughts so far~

• In short, too buggy in the core mechanics. Hit detection is lower than the last closed alpha. As someone who played the other times for almost 12-15 hours a day, I'm not really having fun this time around. I could talk about the other stuff that needs balancing but I know that takes time, & thats not really whats un-doing it for me. The magic it had revolved around smooth collision detection & as is its harder to tell whats connecting and what isn't. Be it the relic (maybe because the new glow animation?) or attacks I'm having a hard time judging whats happening to me and the enemy unless its just watching the health bar and seeing it move x amount. Not trying to flame or anything but maybe the old magic was revolving around the balance being set for the movement impairing stuff? Its a bunch of little things adding up to making my most effective part of my role leaving me bored by the 3rd round even when I switch up different warriors. Cat lady makes most cool plays from squishies pretty much revolve around ball running or turtling, maybe some hp regain for ranged characters on hit rather than only out of combat or ball run?, I know we had that before and it was OP but oerhaps some nerfed form of it is needed. PS had some fun no-clip games where I was the 5th on the team flying my camera all over Atlantas, still great level design, I'd say prioritize more maps over more warriors. I'll try again tomorrow after some more patches go live perhaps, today the sound didn't work other than personal left clicks and hits received.

Keep at it!
    The Pr0taku~

• I played on and off with 3 other players and we also feel the magic is gone from this alpha. 3 of us agree the lack of MVP voting is a let down. 1 doesn't care. The game is really laggy for 3 of us compared to last time. I don't notice it as much as they do. I do notice that it doesn't feel as smooth but I don't know why. The audio announcer is always saying the wrong thing so that doesn't help.

• said in Thoughts so far~:

Its a bunch of little things adding up to making my most effective part of my role leaving me bored by the 3rd round

This post is right on the mark. The sparkle of the previous test is gone. I can't name any single issue that is wrong, but as thepr0taku says, its a bunch of little things that add up.

Some stuff I did notice:

1. combat balance is much worse than before. Sometimes once I get CC'd I just feel like I've lost control of my character and I have no options to save myself. Damage/health balance seems of. Time to kill/die is too short.
    2. I end up under the map sometimes now, never happened before.
    3. the announcer is saying stuff backwards, and this does not make the game feel like it knows whats happening
    4. the mvp stuff was sort of broken before, but taking out the voting didnt make it better
    5. ball handling is off, I can't seem to control it as well and I drop it for seemingly no reason
    6. argus is super now, where is spartacus?

• Yeah, after more deliberation & another day of play, I think the best solution would be to roll the game back a few patches. I've worked as a game tester for Zynga and Sega America I can say I understand how hard that might be to bring yourself to do. When balance breaks in the same patch as a large bug surge, its 99% the time the best real save. I mean December was buggy and I couldn't tear myself away for a meal.

P.S. I ONLY hear my attack animations and some hits taken, thats all. Anyone had this bug? Any fixes?

• @thepr0taku said in Thoughts so far~:

Yeah, after more deliberation & another day of play, I think the best solution would be to roll the game back a few patches

Ouch. I think you are right.

• Its not SUCH a bad thing tbh, I played the closed alpha a month or so ago and it still felt smooth even if a few new skins & particle effects made it crash. They still have the new looks and could implement the same stuff, just a bit more slowly this time.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.