Check here first for solutions to common issues!

• Global Moderators

Hello friends!

I'm collecting confirmed solutions to common issues which our players have been reporting into one sticky post. This post will be updated with new solutions as they are found.

If you run into a problem which can't be resolved by the below troubleshooting, please create a new forum post detailing the issue as much as possible and including the following info:

Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Version of Breakaway:
    Are you running or streaming anything in the background?
    Wired or Wifi?
    Time Zone:

Also, please make sure to file bug reports in the bug reports forum here: https://forums.playbreakaway.com/category/7/bug-reports. The Technical Support forum is for issues downloading, installing or running Breakaway (crashes, installation errors, etc.) The Bug Report section is for issues with the game itself (graphical glitches, typos, audio glitches, exploits, etc.) Thanks!

• Global Moderators

LAST UPDATED 7/9/17

I didn't receive my invitation and I signed up before May 4, 2017 / Breakaway isn't appearing in my Game Library even though I was invited to the alpha.

We're sorry you aren't able to play yet. Please reach out to our support team via e-mail by using the "Contact Us" link at https://playbreakaway.com/support and provide us with your Twitch ID so we can look into this further. While we may not be able to get you access by the end of the current playtest, we will do our best to make sure you can participate in the next one.

I got an e-mail with an alpha testing key but don't see a place to enter it on the website - only an option to download Breakaway.

Sign out of the website by clicking "Sign Out" at the top-right of the page, then click "Sign up to play" on the home page of the Breakaway site. Click on "Log into Twitch and redeem" and follow the directions to enter your alpha key.

Once this is done, Breakaway should appear for download in your Game Library on the Twitch Desktop App.

I'm getting a "Servers Offline" error in Breakaway.

UPDATE: As of the 6/22 playtest you should be able to use the old Twitch launcher. If it doesn't work, please follow the below instructions.

First, please make sure your computer's clock is set to the correct time. Odd as it sounds, this can sometimes be the culprit for servers appearing offline.

This is sometimes also caused by using the old Twitch Launcher. If you participated in the first few playtests you would have used the Twitch Launcher. This has been replaced by the Twitch Desktop App which can be located at https://app.twitch.tv or via "Download Breakaway" link on the Breakaway site - you must be logged in under the Twitch ID you signed up for the alpha test with for the download link to appear. You will need to download and install Breakaway again once you've installed the Twitch Desktop App (even if you import your Game Library after installing the Twitch Desktop App.) We're sorry for the confusion about this.

I'm getting an error saying I already have another version of Twitch installed (see screenshot.) I don't!!

Twitch Installer Error

The installation program is detecting Curse installed on your computer. Please uninstall Curse and try the installation again.

I'm connecting from the EU/outside the U.S. and I am experiencing terrible lag on the U.S. servers!

For the current alpha testing we have servers both in the U.S and in the E.U. While you can connect to U.S servers from outside the U.S., you will likely experience less-than-optimal pings.

I'm having other issues with Twitch (besides the above mentioned installation error.)

We're only able to provide technical support for Breakaway. Please reach out to Twitch support for assistance with other Twitch issues. They can be reached here: https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/emails/new.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.