Mouse input lag / issues

• Twitch ID: iKhoNGG
    Version of Windows: 10.0.14393 Build 14393.1358
    Amount of physical RAM: 16
    Video Card: EVGA GTX Geforce 970
    Running or streaming anything in the background? Have tried playing with nothing running, discord and chrome are usually up. I've tried without them both as well, I've streamed while playing and that didn't affect anything either.
    Wired or Wifi? Wired
    Time Zone: EST

During the tech test in May, I didn't have any of these issues. There was slight lag/input delay with the mouse and keyboard, but it was very playable.
    Last week, I had input delay on both mouse and keyboard. It was unplayable, sometimes reaching upto 1-1.5 seconds in delay with mouse especially.

This week, the inputs are fine on both mouse and the keyboard. It's looking around / aiming that has all of the lag now.
    It feels like my cursor is weighted down with a ton of iron when I'm trying to aim.
    On top of that, the game is taking control of my mouse. It will randomly snap or move my aim without me actually moving my mouse.
    When I try to aim, it won't stop when I stop, it'll keep moving in the direction I was going. This gets worse randomly at times.
    This is a pretty new mouse, and I've tried playing on other mice and it's the same.
    I don't have these issues in any other game / program / software.

The mouse is a Logitech G Pro.

Thanks!

• Amazon Game Studios

hello ikhongg,

We isolated a few issues that can cause the symptoms you're experiencing and we're working on a solution.

I'd like to ask a few more questions if it's possible.

Where are you connecting from?
    What's the bandwidth of your internet connection?

Thanks!

• Adding my 2c to this, while I mostly didn't have issues with this I did experience it when streaming, and even more so when I had a Metastream page rendering on my stream (even without streaming and just having XSplit open).

• Global Moderators

@ikhongg

Wow thank you for all of the information! I am sorry to hear that the experience is less than ideal. I will get this information passed up to my team.

• @yasserr23 I'm connecting from Rochester, NY and I have 60 down / 5 up

• Update on this week's test. If feels even worse. -_- I'm so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

• Also, when we play against Kalo, our FPS drops drastically and the issues we're having are doubled. Even if we play on east coast servers with/against him.

• Amazon Game Studios

This post is deleted!

• Amazon Game Studios

@ikhongg said in Mouse input lag / issues:

Update on this week's test. If feels even worse. -_- I'm so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Sorry to hear , and thanks for the feedback this will help us identify the root cause and fix it quicker. It's our top priority .

Are you seeing those problems in the tutorial/warrior try or only in online play ?

• @yasserr23 Tutorial/Warrior play is perfect for me. No issues at all.

• Amazon Game Studios

@yasserr23 Tutorial/Warrior play is perfect for me. No issues at all.

hey ikhongg,

We still haven't been able to identify the root cause of your issue. Do you think your framerate is stable?

Can you try the following:
    press Alt+~
    type in: r_displayinfo 3

that should show you the framerate. Can you let us know what kind of framerate are you seeing?

• @yasserr23 The only time I dip under 60 fps is when I play with/against Kalo. I hold a steady 60 otherwise.

• @yasserr23 I do notice that when I stream the latency/lag is worse than when I don't now though.

• @buttabuttajam said in Mouse input lag / issues:

Adding my 2c to this, while I mostly didn't have issues with this I did experience it when streaming, and even more so when I had a Metastream page rendering on my stream (even without streaming and just having XSplit open).

just like to add to butta's statement, i experienced the mouse/input lag in the opposite fashion. I was not streaming, not using meta stream, just simply playing the game and i seemed to get the mouse lag every game. i noticed it happens most when alot of things are happening on screen at once, and then when my ping to the current server starts to fluctuate.

• Amazon Game Studios

@yasserr23 I do notice that when I stream the latency/lag is worse than when I don't now though.

Ok thanks for the info this gives us a lot more data to work with. We have a few fixes in the upcoming release, however given that your experience specifically gets worse when you're streaming, that makes us believe that it might be bandwidth related. We are also working hard on trying to reduce the bandwidth needed by the game, keep an eye out for the patch notes, and I'll try to update you here when we address the bandwidth issue and the latency fluctation issues.

• Amazon Game Studios

@its_motz said in Mouse input lag / issues:

@buttabuttajam said in Mouse input lag / issues:

Adding my 2c to this, while I mostly didn't have issues with this I did experience it when streaming, and even more so when I had a Metastream page rendering on my stream (even without streaming and just having XSplit open).

just like to add to butta's statement, i experienced the mouse/input lag in the opposite fashion. I was not streaming, not using meta stream, just simply playing the game and i seemed to get the mouse lag every game. i noticed it happens most when alot of things are happening on screen at once, and then when my ping to the current server starts to fluctuate.

Do you know if your framerate fluctuated as well?

• @yasserr23 said in Mouse input lag / issues:

@its_motz said in Mouse input lag / issues:

@buttabuttajam said in Mouse input lag / issues:

Do you know if your framerate fluctuated as well?

yes, i do loose a bit of quality in the framerate. If im averaging 30 fps, it drops to some where like 15. When it happens i usually middle mouse scroll down, and that zooms out the follow cam, and that usually brings back up the fps. Its a very weird situation as theres so many moving parts i have no idea where to start with my guess of where the source problem is, but scrolling out was making my lag dissipate quicker than just letting it play out by itself.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.