Too many cooldowns

• Only your primary attack has no cooldown. On such a fast paced, high momentum game, the ability cooldowns kill the fun.

In any competetive fps or action pvp game, cooldowns usually only exist on ultimates or the 'big' hitter attacks. In Breakaway...everything is always on cooldown and you end up firing your almost useless primary.

I played every character and the design is obvious. We can't balance all the abilities right now...or at all...so let's go the easy way out and add cooldowns.

Limit the player's ability to feel powerful and impactful by using having cooldowns makes for a very average gaming experience.

• Store -> buy Cooldown Reduction -> Profit

Also... Stunlocks will be an issue.. I don't want to see the already overpower Black Knight without cooldowns on his Q and E. Animation cancel and stun locks for days...

Abilities would have to be so extremely underwhelming if you don't have any cooldowns. Otherwise it would just be too broken.

But hey it's just opinions right? And I don't agree with yours

• I'm curious...can you reference a game that has ability kits like Breakaway that doesn't have cooldowns on abilities?

Games like Smite, Paragon, Battlerite, League of Legends, even Overwatch...all abilities have some form of a cooldown.
    No cooldowns would be stupid broken and chaotic.

• @uberkull said in Too many cooldowns:

In any competetive fps or action pvp game, cooldowns usually only exist on ultimates or the 'big' hitter attacks. In Breakaway...everything is always on cooldown and you end up firing your almost useless primary.

I dont know what im reading. Name one successful competitive MOBA that has ability's with no cool downs. Please, very serious request as i am very interested. Breakaway is not in any shape or form intended to be a FPS, It is a unique hybrid between sports and fighting games.

I played every character and the design is obvious. We can't balance all the abilities right now...or at all...so let's go the easy way out and add cool downs.

You implying the dev's are trying anything but there best is just flat out wrong, these guys are more involved and knowledgeable than any other dev's I've had the opportunity to work with, there is nothing wrong with the current design/ balance of the game/ ablility's cool downs. I do not mean to be rude in any way, simply seeing the development of this game after a year, the issues u bring up here are just null and void. I have never experienced the issues of "average gaming experience" but i guess a game can only be what u make of it ;)

• The forum is called comments and feedback. I don't want to sugarcoat and kiss ass. I posted honest feedback. I don't need other peoples opinions or attacks, if thats what this forum is, we need a strictly alpha feedback forum where its read only for devs.

I commented on my stream what I think Amazon can do with its Studio. It can change gaming for the future. We have far too many 'relaxed' AAA publishers that sit on cookie cutter franchises and don't push the industry forward. Then we have cash grab, early access developers that release a great initial idea and design but don't ever deliver a finished product.

Amazon Gaming Studios have an opportunity here and it needs honest feedback. I gave it.

• @kalology said in Too many cooldowns:

I'm curious...can you reference a game that has ability kits like Breakaway that doesn't have cooldowns on abilities?

Games like Smite, Paragon, Battlerite, League of Legends, even Overwatch...all abilities have some form of a cooldown.
    No cooldowns would be stupid broken and chaotic.

You must not play overwatch. Ultimates have large cooldowns, the rest of the abilities, no cooldown or a intenral refresh cooldown. The other games you mention are no where close to what Breakaway is.

Breakaway is more Rocket League meets Overwatch than a pure moba. This isnt dota or league.

• This post is deleted!

• You posted feedback, and people chimed in that's what forums are for. Noone is attacking you, they are simply trying to find out where you are coming from. Every game I have ever played with abilities has cooldowns. Overwatch has cooldowns and in there testing they found the cd's they use are good, an internal refresh cooldown is a cooldown. The game is still in alpha and everything is being tested and balance is coming slowly. I don't understand what you would like to see with cooldowns all you've said was there's too many.

In my opinion there are some abilities which cool down is too long but with a lower cd could potentially break that warrior and make them too strong. Other changes need to happen first before they work with cd's and minor balancing tweaks. To put it in perspective imagine you're playing against a Jarra with small cd's or none, she'll sit on the sideline and pounce ult kill you reinvis and back out, then instantly pounce another warrior making a 4v4 into a 4v2 in a matter of seconds consistently.

The other thing to remember team fighting in this game isn't the primary focus, scoring the relic in the relay is the primary focus, lowering cd's promotes constant team fighting because you can just freely engage whenever you'd like without punishment.

Again noone is attacking you but I am genuinely curious on what you would change in terms of cool downs to make it feel better for you?

• @tlee_

@tlee_ said in Too many cooldowns:

Again noone is attacking you but I am genuinely curious on what you would change in terms of cool downs to make it feel better for you?

Again, too mnay cooldowns. All abilities other than your primary have a cooldown. Ranging from 7 second to a whopping 30 seconds. These arent ultimates, they are normal abilities.

Overwatch has a icon cooldown to eliminate spamming, that and the ultimate cooldowns. That game doesn't suffer from the constant feeling of being powerless like Breakaway does.

Yea, you are right...this game is based on team work...its basketball meets overwatch meets rocket league. There is a lot of blending there and they really need to decide what they want this game to be.

Just worried that players coming over to play would get frustrated and bored if all their abilities are constantly on cooldown, yet they picked a 'class' to actually play because of those abilities.

• Plain and simple there has to be cool downs on everything except your main attack that's just how these games are. It's never crossed my mind about too many cd's maybe some abilities need a cd tweak but thats about it.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.