How would you like to see the next throwdown thursday handled?

• We haven't really been talking much about throwdown thursday since it recently ended. So why not make a thread talking about how you wish to see the next throwdown thursday handled?

Me? i would personally like to see MissDJM, Shidosha, FlipdUp, FullMetal and Kalology return to draft some players again, but this time let's make it interesting by selecting people from the community to play for their teams.

To make things more interesting we should also have the Earnix breakaway team in the throwdown as well. Would be very interested to see how they fair against non organized teams.

enough of my thoughts though, what do you all think?

• Amazon Game Studios

Some cool ideas here! Not to reveal too much about the future plans of Throwdown Thursday, but we will definitely involve members of the community competing against one other down the road. Currently, due to technical limitations, we are unable to execute that TDT plan just yet. I am excited to say though that we are working on some other cool ideas to cover the gap in time from now to when we will be able to launch the ability to spectate online matches.

Question for all of you, if we did in fact do a TDT tournament and filmed it over two days, would you guys be interested if we broke up those matches into a multi-week broadcast? What do you value more: the fact that TDT is live, or the excitement/hype of the match itself?

Thanks for watching and keep the ideas coming!

• @mrsil Personally I value it more as a live broadcast. There's way less, if not zero, chance of someone coming into the chat with spoilers or a "I know about this and you don't" attitude.

• @mrsil said in How would you like to see the next throwdown thursday handled?:

Some cool ideas here! Not to reveal too much about the future plans of Throwdown Thursday, but we will definitely involve members of the community competing against one other down the road. Currently, due to technical limitations, we are unable to execute that TDT plan just yet. I am excited to say though that we are working on some other cool ideas to cover the gap in time from now to when we will be able to launch the ability to spectate online matches.

Question for all of you, if we did in fact do a TDT tournament and filmed it over two days, would you guys be interested if we broke up those matches into a multi-week broadcast? What do you value more: the fact that TDT is live, or the excitement/hype of the match itself?

Thanks for watching and keep the ideas coming!

I wouldn't mind personally for pre-recorded Throwdowns broke up over weeks for viewing pleasure. We had a similar scenario with the community event VOD. I do understand where buttabuttajam is coming from. I would hope everyone involved would be mature enough to keep quite tho. Either way we will keep supporting, and we are excited to see more TDT!

• While I'd love to see community members as players in TDT's, I doubt AGS wants to fly 8+ people out on a weekly basis to LA. I don't know what kind of marketing budget they're working with, but ~$25k+/month (+/-) in marketing feels like it could be better spent at this stage. If they're not doing it live from in studio, it would work, but there doesn't seem to be a point as it's something we as the community could put together once customs are out soon(tm).

I'd personally enjoy it with the same format as last season, either with the same folks coming back or new ones to get some fresh faces.

• @buttabuttajam could probably do online play until finals instead of flying people out, or hell make one big throwdown tournament or thursday where everyone plays through the whole thursday and or weekend tournament style of multiple teams.

• @mrsil I would say that we just want content live or not live, hopefully if the finals and who won could be kept under wraps than i can see it being a great idea. As we saw with the community matches that were pre recorded in march everyone still loved to watch the event.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.