Failure to Launch Error Updated!

• Global Moderators

Hello Everyone!

Last playtest we ran into a issue where many players were unable to launch Breakaway. At this time the Dev team has released an update that should fix this problem.

Please update the game and after the servers are live at 5pm PST let us know if you have any problems.

• "Breakaway is currently offline. Visit playbreakaway.com/news for play times!"

• Global Moderators

@sotareh Hey, so servers are currently offline, we just wanted to make sure you guys were able to launch breakaway. Servers are back up at 5pm PST

• @ags_mh
    Just played training game. Seems all its OK for now =)
    Thanks a lot, guyz, for ur work!

• Global Moderators

@5exxy

Glad to hear things seem to be working! Good luck in the Arena!

• My friend still cant launch the game. When he tries from breakaway icon it says failiure to launch try from twitch app but when he does it there it says failiure to launch try again later.

• Global Moderators

@trollgaminglive I'm sorry your friend still can't launch the game.

Please have them try uninstalling the game from the Twitch Games Library, then re-downloading it to make sure the current version is all there. If that doesn't work, please reply with the following info about your friend and their account:

Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Have you updated your video card drivers?
    Are you running or streaming anything in the background?
    Wired or Wifi?
    Time Zone:

Thanks!

• Hello, I am currently having the same issue as well, just uninstalled and re-installed. My computer specs are below.

Twitch ID: wickd5
    Windows 10
    8GB
    GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 3GB
    Drivers are updated.
    Wired.
    PST

• Global Moderators

@wickd5 Were you previously able to play, but now can't? Or has it been like this since the beginning?

• @ags_cc this is my first attempt to play the game.

• Global Moderators

@wickd5 Thanks. I've got a bug report submitted. We will let you know as soon as we hear back.

• @ags_cc Ok, thank you!

• Hello, I was able to get the game to launch by manually running Breakaway_x64 as an Administrator from the file explorer, but I now receive an EAC Violation (Sandboxing error).

• Ok second update, I have gotten the game up and running! It seemed to be an EasyAntiCheat problem, I had to install it manually, then run the "Breakaway" app specifically in
    C:\Users\jderr\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Twitch Game

This promoted the EasyAntiCheat "allow" security screen, then Breakaway loaded. It now will also successfully launch from the Twitch app.

• Global Moderators

@wickd5 Excellent work! Thanks for letting us know how you got this working. I will add this into our "things to try" list while we are waiting for a solid fix.

• Global Moderators

@wickd5 To clarify: you had to install Easy Anti-Cheat manually? From the EAC website?

• Global Moderators

Disregard that - I see the EAC setup file in the game folder. I realize the EAC website doesn't have a "download" link for the client.

• Not sure if this has been resolved already or not, but I was only able to get this to run after going to {game_folder}\600505cc-de2f-4b99-9960-c47ee5d23f04\EasyAntiCheat , running EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, choosing Breakaway from the drop down, and installing. Hope this helps!

• Global Moderators

@vnmeister Thanks for the update. @wickd5 Had mentioned this worked. It's good to have confirmation that it worked for you, too.

• Hi yea managed to get into the game now :) only played in practice games so far haven't tried regular mode yet but all seems ok. Game launches fine.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.