Launching game while using another monitor

• I used the twitch app to update Breakaway. While it was updating I was browsing through email and I launched (I use a 3rd party email app) an email to website link. While I was posting on the said link, breakaway tried to take control of my PC, and when I alt tabbed to finish my post on a forum, everything broke. When I tried to alt tab to finish my post, it wouldn't respond. When I alt tabed to break away, it took control of both of my monitors, mirror'd.

Weird situation, and never had a game mirror monitors when I have my PC set to extend to monitors.

• Global Moderators

@tyridel I'm sorry this happened to you. The way updates currently work is the game will launch by default once it is finished updating. This can cause unexpected behavior when the game takes focus. To avoid this happening in the future, disable the "Open game when finished" checkbox on the update window. Each time you update it will re-enable this check box.

As far as the mirroring issue, please provide us the following information and we'll get a bug report filed:

Twitch ID:
    Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical RAM:
    Video Card:
    Have you updated your video card drivers?
    Are you running or streaming anything in the background?
    Wired or Wifi?
    Time Zone:

• I can reproduce a similar issue. Sometimes when I launch the game it will take both screens and mirror sort of, leaving one screen black with the mouse cursor to control everything on the other screen.
    Most times the game opens as normal but if I alt tab it will do this, or sometimes just shift to my secondary monitor and only way to get back on primary is to either play in window mode or to close out and rejoin.

Twitch ID: acldzero
    Version of windows: Windows 10 pro Build 15063
    Amount of physical RAM: 12GB
    Video Card: Nvidia 970
    Have you updated your video card drivers?yes
    Are you running or streaming anything in the background? Streaming this game - well attempting to
    Wired or Wifi? Wired
    Time Zone: EST

• Global Moderators

@acldzero Wow, Thanks for letting us know! I'll file a ticket with your info, and let them know it can be replicated.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.