Thorgrim is the best overall melee pick.

• For the past four or so weeks give or take, Thorgrim has had an absurdly high base damage which has stayed the same while a handful of other melees have received nerfs that don't make sense to me. Currently Thorgrim is the best point for point melee character pick across the board. I'm going to make this as simple as possible showing just base hp and primary damage, but if necessary for the devs I could even make an argument against his ability damage potential as well.

Now without further ado:

All numbers are unmodified base stats
    Melee _____ Health _____ Primary Damage(Ratio)
    Thorgrim __ 715 ________ 38(0.4)
    Gallion ____ 475 ________ 35(0.35)
    Jarra ______ 325 ________ 32(0.3)
    Argus _____ 500 ________ 30(0.4)
    Chiyomi ___ 350 ________ 29(0.35)
    Merrick ____ 525 ________ 29(0.3)
    Greyven ___ 475 ________ 27(0.4)

As you can see with roughly 200 or more health than all the other melees, Thorgrim has the highest base damage and is tied for growth with the rest of the melee cast. Point for point he is the best melee currently in the game and should be picked over the rest of the cast. At the highest level of play when used to his full potential he does the highest damage of all the melees without even needing to build attack damage.

And just for shits and giggles I'll list the ranged warriors in a similar fashion.

Ranged _____ Health _____ Damage
    Kyra ________ 375 ________ 44(0.65)
    Sai _________ 315 ________ 40(0.5)
    Rawlins _____ 400 ________ 19x2=38 (0.3x2=0.6)
    Alona _______ 350 ________ 38(0.25)
    Korryn ______ 335 ________ 34(0.3)

These numbers follow a more logical trend than the melee where marksmen and nukers do more damage than the supports and typically have slightly more health. It's debatable that even these numbers could use some minor tweaks.

• wait why does thorgrim have so much more health than merrick, almost 200... and merrick does 9 less base damage :(

• @dualspirals said in Thorgrim is the best overall melee pick.:

wait why does thorgrim have so much more health than merrick, almost 200... and merrick does 9 less base damage :(

Merrick has 7 more armor, 10% base damage reduction, while also being slower by a full point at 8.5 speed.

So an Alona kills Merrick after about 19 shots, Thorgrim after 21 give or take some bad math.

• @traitorr_gg ah so this list just makes him look bad XD

• @dualspirals said in Thorgrim is the best overall melee pick.:

@traitorr_gg ah so this list just makes him look bad XD

Less effective hp, 10 less base damage, one full point less movment, less damage on his abilities, 2 soft cc moves(Merrick) vs 2 hard cc and 1 soft cc move(Thorgrim). Oh did I forget to mention that Thorgrim has some of the shortest cooldowns in the game?

Warrior _____ Defensive _____ Q _____ E _____ R _____
    Thorgrim ____ 16s __________ 8s ____ 14s ___ 20s
    Merrick ______ 25s __________ 14s ___10s ___ 25s

Thorgrim beats Merrick out in every way except when it come to grouping people in a pile with Merrick Ulti which everyone can get out of easily because there's no form of cc attached to it. It's hilarious having to watch Merricks chase people with their ult so that they don't run right out of it.

• @traitorr_gg yeah merrick ult should not allow people to use escapes for the durration, I mean it doesnt last long.

• I just dont know why the defensive that blocks all damage has a shorter cooldown than the one that is just damage reduction/small reflect.

• @dualspirals I agree! If you allowed yourself # situational awareness to get closed in on, if affected you can't escape + it barely does much damage anyways so.. yea

• #nerf thorgrim

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.