Twitch app does not work??

• I had some technical problem and I thought if I reinstall the game it will work again. Now the Twitch app shows me the uninstall did not work and the game is still in my inventory. When I try to start the game it tells me: An error occurred. Please restart the Twitch Desktop App to access your Games Library.
    What should I do?

• Global Moderators

@soulfulrat Here are a few things you can try:

1. Uninstall Breakaway through the Control Panel
    2. Uninstall Twitch
    3. Restart computer
    4. Then reinstall Twitch Here: https://app.twitch.tv/
    5. Try to reinstall Breakaway

If for any reason that does not work please fill out the info below:

Version of Windows:
    Amount of physical Ram:
    Video Card:
    Build Version:
    Have you Updates your video card Recently:
    Running anything in the background:
    Wired or WiFi:
    Time Zone:

Let us know what happens.

• Version of Windows: Windows 10
    Amount of physical Ram: 16 GB
    Video Card: GTX 1060 6GB
    Build Version: No idea
    Have you Updates your video card Recently: YES
    Running anything in the background: not many things
    Wired or WiFi: Wired
    Time Zone: CEST

• Global Moderators

@soulfulrat I got this issue up to our Devs but after you uninstalled/reinstalled what happened? Did you receive any error codes?

• @ags_jb I tried to reinstall the Twitch App. But I still get the same message. I can not reinstall the game because it shows it is installed but when I try to reinstall it I get the same message. Is it possible to remove the game from somewhere else and try to reinstall?

• Global Moderators

@soulfulrat Try to delete the Breakaway Folder in your Twitch app.

It should be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Twitch\Games Library\600505cc-de2f-4b99-9960-c47ee5d23f04

unless you changed the location. After that restart Twitch and find Breakaway in your game and see if it will let you reinstall it. If you are seeing the Play option click on it still and check if it will update it actually start.

• I think I'm getting closer. I deleted the folders. Now the Twitch App says: Breakaway does not appear to be valid, please try reinstalling. But I get this message when I try to install it.

• Global Moderators

Heyo @soulfulrat,

I added this to the message to our Dev team for you. Once the Dev team gets back to us we will get any troubleshooting out to you.

• Is there any other way to download the game?

• Global Moderators

@soulfulrat We have escalated the issue to the devs and will have more troubleshooting steps as soon as we get a response, we appreciate you patience while we resolve this issue.

• Global Moderators

@soulfulrat Hey after you deleted the folder can you restart you computer and recheck if the folder still exist.

Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Twitch\Games Library\600505cc-de2f-4b99-9960-c47ee5d23f04

Thank you

• As much as I can tell, yes it is clean. The twitch app still shows that the game is still on the CPU but when I try to start it I get two messages:
    1 Please restart the Twitch Desktop App to access your Games Library. or
    2 Breakaway does not appear to be valid, please try reinstalling.
    I think when I tried to reinstall the game something went wrong :(

• Global Moderators

Heyo @soulfulrat,

We gave the Dev team the heads up on the new conditions after you had answered our questions from them. Once we get more troubleshooting or questions from the team we will relay it directly to you. Thanks again for your patience on this issue.

• I do not know how, but finally I can reinstall the game. Uninstall/reinstall the Twitch app a couple more times and suddenly it WORKS!!

• Global Moderators

@soulfulrat That is so awesome to hear, I can not wait to see you in the Arena battling for the Relic. I will update the devs with this news.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.