Steam?

• Hi there,
    Quick question, will this game be on steam ?

• Amazon Game Studios

@keynashor Hi. We don't currently plan to release on Steam. We'll be distributing the Alpha through Twitch.

That said, we'd love to hear what you like and dislike about the Steam experience so we can think about that for Breakaway.

• @mpriest how will you be able to distribute through twitch?

• @mpriest mainly the marketplace

• @mpriest said in Steam?:

@keynashor Hi. We don't currently plan to release on Steam. We'll be distributing the Alpha through Twitch.

That said, we'd love to hear what you like and dislike about the Steam experience so we can think about that for Breakaway.

I like Steam because it's one single place to keep all of my games. It's one password. It's one interface. And I've got hundreds of games already on it. It's convenient and relatively easy. For me, none of the social features or any of that jazz matter with Steam.

I personally get frustrated when I have to install half a dozen game managers (origin, steam, desura, SOE launcher, etc.) in order to play my games. Steam has the most content, so I try to buy everything on Steam. It makes my life a ton easier.

Not sure how any of that impacts the Twitch download though. Just make it easy.

• @blxckjxckvii There is a brand new "Twitch Launcher" desktop app that was released during TwitchCon. I believe there is only currently one other game that is currently using the Twitch Launcher, but I would imagine this is how Breakaway would be distributing as well.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.