Plague King- Character suggestion.

• Old write up is now block quoted

After conquering a kingdom and inflicting his putrid disease upon the living , the Plague king grew tiresome of mundane rule over peasants and seeks to inflict the entire world in his catastrophic diseases.

Primary attack
    Plague king reaches for the nearest Legend(character) and grabs a hold of them for 5 seconds. After the five seconds plague king tosses them into the ground dealing damage. Instead of waiting the full 5 seconds players can press the primary attack button again to toss the player earlier than intended. Just like the Ball allies of plague king's victims can be freed by dealing damage to the plague king while he has them in his grasp.

Wallow in filth
    Plague king emits a toxic aura that deals damage to those near him for up to 8 seconds.

Sludge Slide
    Plague king spews a stream of highly acidic sludge from his mouth in a straightforward line damaging and slowing his foes who are caught in the line of fire. Pressing the sliding button will allow Plague king to slide across his own atrocious slime. The ability is on a 12 second cooldown and the sludge lasts for 5 seconds. If the Plague king has somebody in his possession he can bring them with him on his trip.

Decompose
    After a Legend(character) has been defeated Plague king devours their left over remains to gain some life back. 8 second cooldown. In order for decompose to work Plague king must go to where the Legen(character) has died. Decompose will not work on enemies who have fallen off the stage.

Bow To Your king
    Plague king summons his loyal subjects that will follow him to the bitter end. These little guys will deal damage to anyone who comes near the plague king and upon death can be used for the decompose ability. Plague king can also opt to use his primary attack on the subjects and toss them at his target of choice. 20 second cooldown.

New write up

Brief introduction: After conquering a kingdom and inflicting his putrid disease upon the living , the Plague king grew tiresome of mundane rule over peasants and seeks to inflict the entire world in his catastrophic diseases.

Class: Tank

Primary attack 1.0 [Waiting for further responses before changing]
    Plague king reaches for the nearest Legend(character) and grabs a hold of them for 5 seconds. After the five seconds plague king tosses them into the ground dealing damage. Instead of waiting the full 5 seconds players can press the primary attack button again to toss the player earlier than intended. Just like the Ball allies of plague king's victims can be freed by dealing damage to the plague king while he has them in his grasp.

Wallow in filth 1.1 [Added more clarity to the ability]
    Plague king emits a toxic cloud that deals damage to those near him for up to 8 seconds, and goes on a cooldown of 6 seconds once the ability has reached 8 seconds.

Sludge Slide 1.1 [Removed the slow and will be moving it to the buildables area of the kit]
    Plague king spews a stream of highly acidic sludge from his mouth in a straightforward line damaging his foes who are caught in the line of fire. Pressing the sliding button will allow Plague king to slide across his own atrocious slime. The ability is on a 12 second cooldown and the sludge lasts for 5 seconds. If the Plague king has somebody in his possession he can bring them with him on his trip.

Decompose 1.1 [Added clarity to the ability and added more balance to the ability.]
    After a Legend(character) has been defeated Plague king can choose to devour their left over remains to gain some life back and after consumption will bring the ability to an 8 second cooldown. In order for decompose to work Plague king must arrive to where the Legend(character) has died and will be locked out of casting his other abilities while he chows down. Decompose will not work on enemies who have fallen off the stage.

Bow To Your king 1.1 [Clarity, balance, and a possible new idea for the ability.]
    Plague king summons 5 loyal subjects that will follow him to the bitter end. These little guys will deal damage to anyone who comes near the plague king and upon death can be used for the decompose ability. Plague king can also opt to use his primary attack on the subjects and toss them at his target of choice. The subjects will continue to chase/fight the target they are thrown at until they are defeated. The attacks from Plague King's subjects will not cause hit stun but can knock the ball out of a player's possession via their own attack or after being tossed by Plague King. 25 second cooldown.

buildables

royal guard: Plague king demands calls forth his royal guard to protect a path from being invaded by enemies. These guys are all about defense and will not move from their set area, they will attack just like the subjects from bow to your king but will do less damage, however they will last longer and knockback any who try to pass. 3 guards per buildable.

hounds: Plague king calls forth his zombified hounds to patrol an area in a horizontal position. They will chase down anyone who enter their territory and wont rest until either achieve their goal of ripping apart intruders or being defeated. These hounds are all about doing high damage but have very low defense. 2 hounds per buildable.

• Hey there! I'd like to start off by saying, awesome work on the character creation, I'm no one important, but thought I'd provide some feedback since you worked so hard!

Starting with the Primary Attack
    I think that there seem to be no flaws at all with this attack , however, should there be a CD for it, i.e character breaks out earlier than intended and Plague King just re grabs them, maybe a 10s CD?

Wallow in filth
    This seems like an awesome DoT skill, depending on the damage dealt by this attack the CD may or may not be reasonable, if it is a lower damage done over 8s perfect! If there were more damage done by this skill then perhaps maybe lower it to 5s?

Sludge Slide
    This seems like it would be a fun mechanic to add the game, when you say a stream, do you mean like a continuous stream of sludge for 5s or he spits a line of sludge that remains there for 5s? I think the sliding mechanic not only solo, but with another legend would bring a unique balance to the game, as far as moving the relic carrier away from your own safe zone!

Decompose
    I like this idea a lot, but perhaps some balancing mechanics to think about to, is to make it exclusively to Legends(Characters) that die only by the King and maybe increase the CD time to 15s?

Bow to your king
    Interesting idea for a skill I'm assuming this was intended as the "Ultimate" for the character, that being said it seems rational the only thing I would perhaps change is the CD maybe like a 30s CD?

These are just some ideas I thought I'd throw at you, from one gamer to another, I hope someone else looks at this and might be able to do something about it! Overall great work and don't give up on the idea if you believe in it!

Sincerely,
    Holy 4v3ng3r

• Hey XYZ,

So here's my feedback on what you've got with this guy:

Primary attack:
    I think the fact that it provides so much CC and renders someone helpless qualifies it for being made a warrior ability rather than his no-cooldown, spammable primary attack. If it did have a cooldown then he'd be without low damage, quickly accessible options to knock the relic out of an opponent's hand, destroy buffs, etc.

Wallow in Filth:
    This ability gives me the image that he would be a tank who goes in and wants to be in your face and soak up damage as the poison eats away at you. I like it.

Sludge Slide:
    I like the idea of slowing an enemy, as it would give you more opportunity to affect someone with surrounding poison or little minions (mentioned later).

However I think it should either only slow enemies or provide the slide mechanic you mentioned as well. And if you happen to choose the slide mechanic, then you can add the primary attack you mentioned before as a skill and you'd be in for some fun times. Just the idea of slowing while improving my own mobility seems a little too oppressive but that's just strictly my opinion.

Decompose:
    This sounds kinda cool. Adds a little more durability to what I think is shaping up to be a tanky, get-in-there kinda guy. Again could prove to be interesting when combo'd with minions.

Bow to your King:
    This one I like. With him being the Plague King I think it'd be a cool idea for these to be like little rats or something. Anyway it be really cool to see these guys attack someone as they are slowed in the sludge adding a little more urgency to get out of the slowed state.

With all of that being said, I think there are a lot of interesting concepts and combo-ability with the listed skills. However all of the existing characters have some sort of evasive/defensive skill, and I think one of the skills you have listed would need to either be tweaked or replaced to meet that requirement. Also with the primary attack you listed having to possibly be made a skill as well it looks like one of the harder parts here would be which of these skills make he cut.

I like the creativity though and as someone mentioned before me, if you really like the idea of this character don't give up on the idea, keep refining it, and maybe we'll see him down the line!

Keep up the good ideas!

-FlipdUp

Edit: Just realized that maybe you can squeeze some of the concepts you can't fit into his skills into some buildable ideas!

• Oh man, this character is awesomely gross!

I'll be quick in my response here:

1. His primary attack should NOT be his primary attack. A grab cc is incredibly strong, it needs to be on a cooldown. Change this with wallow in filth which isn't a super exciting ability, and make it so his primary attack does damage over time, whether it be melee or ranged is up to you obviously, but I'm imagining melee.

2. Sludge slide is AWESOME. I've always wanted something like this where a character can put their "trail" type of ability down not only for damage, but as utility for themselves.

3. You have to be explicit about how Decompose would work. Does the King need to sit there in an animation eating, or does he simply run over their body? How much health does he get back?

4. The order in which skills appear on the warrior description screens is from lowest to highest cooldown. Keep that in mind for future character suggestions!

5. Make buildables. I know it may be hard as they're a unique feature in Breakaway, but try your best because I think that's where kits really shine. No need to be too excessive with the design of them, think of things that consistently work. I recommended even looking at Tower Defense games for some ideas.

Awesome job, and I can't wait to see more. Maybe even an adjusted Plague King post later down the line?

• bump bump

• Before I continue posting in this thread I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to put some solid feedback into this thread it means a lot and gives me the motivation to continue. Until I can get a majority of people agreeing to either sc* * p my idea, or agree that my idea is good I will stick with only this thread and this thread only to further improve this character idea. I don't want to try and make a whole bunch of threads when i can just keep updating this one.

I will also be addressing each person's point individually for each ability in order starting from primary attack to bottom.

I will place old descriptions for abilities in block quotes and label them starting from 1.0 and going up by 1.1 , 1.2 , 1.3 ...etc

Primary attack 1.0

Starting with the Primary Attack

• Holy4v3ng3r: "I think that there seem to be no flaws at all with this attack , however, should there be a CD for it, i.e character breaks out earlier than intended and Plague King just re grabs them, maybe a 10s CD?"

• flipdup: "I think the fact that it provides so much CC and renders someone helpless qualifies it for being made a warrior ability rather than his no-cooldown, spammable primary attack. If it did have a cooldown then he'd be without low damage, quickly accessible options to knock the relic out of an opponent's hand, destroy buffs, etc."

• Kalology: "His primary attack should NOT be his primary attack. A grab cc is incredibly strong, it needs to be on a cooldown. Change this with wallow in filth which isn't a super exciting ability, and make it so his primary attack does damage over time, whether it be melee or ranged is up to you obviously, but I'm imagining melee. "

Things I should clarify since my original post was rather short. I want Plague king to focus more on disrupting and separating the enemy team or protecting and moving people out of the way of his allies who have the ball. I intend for his damage to be low and focus on damage over time and not upfront burst damage, with that being said lets talk about the primary attack.

The thing we have to realize with his primary attack, yes it provides CC, but we also have to note that its single target damage that can be instantly negated if there are any allies around who can damage Plague King and release their trapped friends which can negate his damage. Another thing to note is when you grab someone you can't grab anyone else. Other characters who have a primary attack have a consistent means of dealing out damage without cooldown as long as they are in range of their foes. If Plague king grabs somebody who else would he be dealing damage to with this primary attack? nobody, it is a single target based attack.

However there are ways to make the throw feel a little more comfortable if you guys are not really feeling it.

• We can add a reasonable throwing range to the throw
      When Plague King throws someone we can have it where he throws them far enough away to where he can't instantly recapture someone, but not to far away where he can't get back in there to attempt another grab and duel his opponent.

• We can add a wind up (delay) animation to the Plague King's throw
      For Plague King the idea of him being a big grotesque demon who is more power than speed, it wouldn't fit for him having a super fast grab anyway. A slow wind up would fit thematically for the character.

• make it so he can grab his allies so he has to be wary of who he grabs and not just throwing grabs out.

I would like to hear what you guys think with this idea before completely moving / changing the ability if these two ideas would be better than outright nerfing it or making it an ability.

Wallow in filth 1.0
    Plague king emits a toxic aura that deals damage to those near him for up to 8 seconds.

• Holy4v3ng3r: Wallow in filth
      This seems like an awesome DoT skill, depending on the damage dealt by this attack the CD may or may not be reasonable, if it is a lower damage done over 8s perfect! If there were more damage done by this skill then perhaps maybe lower it to 5s?

• flipdup: Wallow in Filth:
      This ability gives me the image that he would be a tank who goes in and wants to be in your face and soak up damage as the poison eats away at you. I like it.

• Kalogy: wallow in filth which isn't a super exciting ability, and make it so his primary attack does damage over time, whether it be melee or ranged is up to you obviously, but I'm imagining melee.

Yes I aim for Plague king to be a tank Legend. Holy you hit the nail on the head, I plan for this ability to be low damage and will increase over time for as long as people stay inside the Toxic aura (Note to self, change toxic aura to toxic cloud. Makes a lot more sense clarity wise.)

As said previously Kalogy i believe the primary attack can work as a grab, but the main reason I do not wish for wallow in filth to be a primary attack is because that would be potential abuse of an aoe ability that can't be missed. With the slow from sludge slide and the grabbing ability having a spammable aoe ability would be over kill and could potentially bring Plague king to be a top tier pick over the rest of his tank counterparts. This ability will receive a very tiny clarity rewrite and not really be changed.

Kalo holy and flip if you guys could look at the two suggested changes for the throw before i suggest a new change please that would be dope.

Sludge Slide 1.0
    Plague king spews a stream of highly acidic sludge from his mouth in a straightforward line damaging and slowing his foes who are caught in the line of fire. Pressing the sliding button will allow Plague king to slide across his own atrocious slime. The ability is on a 12 second cooldown and the sludge lasts for 5 seconds. If the Plague king has somebody in his possession he can bring them with him on his trip.

• Holy4v3ng3r: Sludge Slide
      This seems like it would be a fun mechanic to add the game, when you say a stream, do you mean like a continuous stream of sludge for 5s or he spits a line of sludge that remains there for 5s? I think the sliding mechanic not only solo, but with another legend would bring a unique balance to the game, as far as moving the relic carrier away from your own safe zone!

• flipdup: Sludge Slide
      I like the idea of slowing an enemy, as it would give you more opportunity to affect someone with surrounding poison or little minions (mentioned later).
      However I think it should either only slow enemies or provide the slide mechanic you mentioned as well. And if you happen to choose the slide mechanic, then you can add the primary attack you mentioned before as a skill and you'd be in for some fun times. Just the idea of slowing while improving my own mobility seems a little too oppressive but that's just strictly my opinion.

• Kalogy: Sludge slide is AWESOME. I've always wanted something like this where a character can put their "trail" type of ability down not only for damage, but as utility for themselves.

Holy I plan for sludge slide to be a line of sludge that remains in one spot for 5 seconds, the reasoning behind this is because if he was able to spew a ranged ability for a duration of 5 seconds he would cover way to much ground for what he could bring to the team which leads me to the next explanation for your second question. I feel as though he would be a powerhouse pick and would completely outshine a majority of the characters if his slide gave his allies mobility as well. A game mostly based around objective gameplay that requires you to move from point A to B should not give your entire team a shortcut that really overshadows the rest of the cast and would make the game unfun for people who wish to learn, master, and show off what they can do with the other characters in the game.

Flip with the slide and slow mechanic it is just a way for Plague King to get in or get out of a dangerous situation. I want Plague king to be a slow and heavy guy and out of all of his abilities sludge slide would be the only one that gives him a way to get in or get close enough for him to CC and beat on his foes. I will say though you have given me an idea to use the slow else where and i shall be using it for an idea i have for something else.

noted kalo

Decompose
    After a Legend(character) has been defeated Plague king devours their left over remains to gain some life back. 8 second cooldown. In order for decompose to work Plague king must go to where the Legend(character) has died. Decompose will not work on enemies who have fallen off the stage.

• Holy4v3ng3r:
      I like this idea a lot, but perhaps some balancing mechanics to think about to, is to make it exclusively to Legends(Characters) that die only by the King and maybe increase the CD time to 15s?
    • flipdup:
      This sounds kinda cool. Adds a little more durability to what I think is shaping up to be a tanky, get-in-there kinda guy. Again could prove to be interesting when combo'd with minions.
    • Kalogy: You have to be explicit about how Decompose would work. Does the King need to sit there in an animation eating, or does he simply run over their body? How much health does he get back?

kalo and holy you two are up first since your concerns bridge to the same means of fixing decompose. First things first though i do want to say that making the ability only relevant for characters Plague king kills would be rather awkward. As the king of all things filthy and unhealthy walking past a dead body and not being able to chow down would be rather awkward, keep in mind there is already a limit that bodies that fall off the stage can not be eaten (since they have fallen). Another limit to the idea is yes, there will be an eating animation and this will keep him from being able to move or cast other abilities while chowing down. In terms of health restored? ummm, im not actually quite sure. Having not played the game so I am uncertain on what amount of healing he should have. Too much would make him broken, and too little would make the ability lackluster.

Bow To Your king
    Plague king summons his loyal subjects that will follow him to the bitter end. These little guys will deal damage to anyone who comes near the plague king and upon death can be used for the decompose ability. Plague king can also opt to use his primary attack on the subjects and toss them at his target of choice. 20 second cooldown.

• Holy4v3ng3r: Interesting idea for a skill I'm assuming this was intended as the "Ultimate" for the character, that being said it seems rational the only thing I would perhaps change is the CD maybe like a 30s CD?

• flipdup: This one I like. With him being the Plague King I think it'd be a cool idea for these to be like little rats or something. Anyway it be really cool to see these guys attack someone as they are slowed in the sludge adding a little more urgency to get out of the slowed state.

• Kalogy: The order in which skills appear on the warrior description screens is from lowest to highest cooldown. Keep that in mind for future character suggestions!
      Make buildables. I know it may be hard as they're a unique feature in Breakaway, but try your best because I think that's where kits really shine. No need to be too excessive with the design of them, think of things that consistently work. I recommended even looking at Tower Defense games for some ideas.

Holy what exactly brought you to the decision for having a lowered cooldown on bow to your king? im not trying to belittle you or call you out. I just want a firm understanding from everyone on why an ability should end up being a certain way. The reason why I believe his ultimate should be such a low cooldown is because

• The minions will not leave the Plague King's side (unless thrown and can be killed.)
    • The minions can not produce a powerful CC
    • The minions will only attack when enemies are near PK (on the fly abbreviation typing out Plague King gets tiring sometimes haha)

flip and kalo noted, one thing I will say though to keep consistency intact with this thread kalo i would like to continue with the current format i started in this thread only to keep confusion down. In my future thread with character suggestions I will make sure to do lowest to highest cooldowns.

Wrap up

This is where I bring everything together after careful planning and taking in the consideration of all of your feedback. Primary attack so far seems like the most controversial out of all the abilities for the Plague King and will most likely be heavily reworked. Bow to the king, and sludge slide seem to be what you guys are most comfortable with and require the least amount of tweaking. Wallow in filth, and decompose are for the most part ok but you guys would rather see them shifted to be more impactful, or adjusted just a little bit which I will do my best to accomplish.

The number one thing I personally failed to provide you all is clarity and in the following new write up for the Plague king it shall be provided (along with buildables, can't believe i forgot about buildables.)

New write up

Brief introduction: After conquering a kingdom and inflicting his putrid disease upon the living , the Plague king grew tiresome of mundane rule over peasants and seeks to inflict the entire world in his catastrophic diseases.

Class: Tank

Primary attack 1.0 [Waiting for further responses before changing]

Wallow in filth 1.1 [Added more clarity to the ability]
    Plague king emits a toxic cloud that deals damage to those near him for up to 8 seconds, and goes on a cooldown of 6 seconds once the ability has reached 8 seconds.

Sludge Slide 1.1 [Removed the slow and will be moving it to the buildables area of the kit]
    Plague king spews a stream of highly acidic sludge from his mouth in a straightforward line damaging his foes who are caught in the line of fire. Pressing the sliding button will allow Plague king to slide across his own atrocious slime. The ability is on a 12 second cooldown and the sludge lasts for 5 seconds. If the Plague king has somebody in his possession he can bring them with him on his trip.

Decompose 1.1 [Added clarity to the ability and added more balance to the ability.]
    After a Legend(character) has been defeated Plague king can choose to devour their left over remains to gain some life back and after consumption will bring the ability to an 8 second cooldown. In order for decompose to work Plague king must arrive to where the Legend(character) has died and will be locked out of casting his other abilities while he chows down. Decompose will not work on enemies who have fallen off the stage.

Bow To Your king 1.1 [Clarity, balance, and a possible new idea for the ability.]
    Plague king summons 5 loyal subjects that will follow him to the bitter end. These little guys will deal damage to anyone who comes near the plague king and upon death can be used for the decompose ability. Plague king can also opt to use his primary attack on the subjects and toss them at his target of choice. The subjects will continue to chase/fight the target they are thrown at until they are defeated. The attacks from Plague King's subjects will not cause hit stun but can knock the ball out of a player's possession via their own attack or after being tossed by Plague King. 25 second cooldown.

buildables

royal guard: Plague king demands calls forth his royal guard to protect a path from being invaded by enemies. These guys are all about defense and will not move from their set area, they will attack just like the subjects from bow to your king but will do less damage, however they will last longer and knockback any who try to pass. 3 guards per buildable.

hounds: Plague king calls forth his zombified hounds to patrol an area in a horizontal position. They will chase down anyone who enter their territory and wont rest until either achieve their goal of ripping apart intruders or being defeated. These hounds are all about doing high damage but have very low defense. 2 hounds per buildable.

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.