Want an Alpha Code?

• Let's get our brains working. Tell me one thing you learned during this past Throwdown Thursday stream in a reply below. (If you missed out make sure to check out the past broadcast on the PlayBreakaway channel!)

It could be something about an item or a skill. It could be a strategy using a specific character or the map. I'm looking for an interesting answer here.

I'll choose someone on Monday to give you guys the weekend to think about it. I need to watch the broadcast again myself! I wanna get some discussion going.

• Amazon Game Studios

Here are all the current stats for each level of the Chalice of Life.

not in combat - is when you haven't taken damage for 5 seconds

• Bronze - 10 HP per second when health is below 40% and not in combat. 500 gold
    • Silver - 10 HP per second when health is below 50% and not in combat. 500 gold
    • Gold - 10 HP per second when health is below 60% and not in combat. 500 gold
    • Heroic - 30 health/second up to 100% of max health when not in combat. 2000 gold

The values presented here are what they currently are, and like everything in the game at this point. It is pre-alpha so the values may or may not change based on balancing.

The character you are playing and the style of play would determine how easy it is to proc.

• Amazon Game Studios

Mercenary's Contract is bonus gold for assists and kills. So if you are doing well in a match and expect to get a lot of kills or assists then the contract is a good buy. It also helps that the epic tier of the contract gives you healing when you pick up gold.

Chalice of Life is a healing item. You typically get this item when you don't have Alona on your team.

• I can tell you several things I have learned but most of these things are going to be from a competitive standpoint.

The major thing i learned from the thursday stream was winning winning 3 rounds = 1 point for the match, because of this you can spend your time "downloading" (which means learning your opponent's habits and strategies.) by playing a couple of throw away games or matches. You can also use a different team comp than the one you originally intended to use to distract/throw the enemy teams off while you are learning about them.

Alola is a top tier character due to how big her healing range is and how much health she can restore to her allies.

having your team spread out while rushing the ball to the enemy's goal is a lot more effective than bunching up because you can pass the ball when people come to focus you and your teammate can just run it in.

I also learned you can not throw the ball at the wall have it bounce off and go into the goal ;P

• I learned that Alona is op

• What I learned on the last stream?

That you have sooooo many things to look out in game, you must have your eyes on the relic, building smartly, go for damage and health buff before the enemy team and not being killed !
    Every games are very different, you can score in no time and be struggling keeping the relic in the enemy side just in time for the end of the timer.

This game is just what we need, short and epic games, various strategies with a lot of data to learn...an awesome competitive game :)

And Alona is awesome because of her heal but you can destroy her with a good combo dps imo.

• That this game is insanely awesome!!! And Alona is great because of her healing capabilities but she needs to be protected

• I found it interesting that most of the devs were running the "contract" item that heals you over time when out-of-combat. The item feels super weak from what I've seen from it so far and I'm wondering if there's more to the item than just the tooltip that might cause a huge number of the devs to take it. It's not very often that you'll be out of combat while on the map, so I wonder if gold might be better spent elsewhere?

• @BelirDarkstone said in Want an Alpha Code?:

Mercenary's Contract is bonus gold for assists and kills. So if you are doing well in a match and expect to get a lot of kills or assists then the contract is a good buy. It also helps that the epic tier of the contract gives you healing when you pick up gold.

Chalice of Life is a healing item. You typically get this item when you don't have Alona on your team.

How effective is the Chalice item? Seems like it would be quite difficult to get it to proc. Some big outplay potential by "cancelling" someone's out-of-combat status-- pretty exciting stuff!

Looks like your connection to Breakaway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.